Monday, January 30, 2023

Rose of Hope

Rose of Hope, Jef Orye 2001

Hybrid Multiflora 

This rose needs so much more attention. It's from the same breeder as Poustinia, the world renowned floribunda. 
Sturdy shrub with beautiful, medium-sized, salmon-pink flowers that fade to cream.  They are fragrant, filled and show their stamens.  Striking are the large trusses that wing out well and make new bouquets so quickly.  The foliage is medium green, slightly glossy and extremely healthy.
120/150 cm or 6 feet. A really must have rose! Recommended 

Jef Orye was my friend. He had a rose nursery nearby and the first time I met him he told me he wasn't convinced that David Austin roses were worth all the buzz. Except for Constance Spry. Jef said that it was his opinion that German and French roses were the strongest. After half an hour he took me backstage to his greenhouse where he was crossing and selecting. I then saw Poustinia before she was released and I felt really privileged. Jef and I talked again many times after that. Sadly Jef died in 2008 from a heart attack. The rose of hope was his Testament and I really want this rose to become more popular. Look at it! Isn't she gorgeous? Available at Lens Roses who decided to release this rose! 

No comments:

Post a Comment