Friday, March 3, 2023

Polka

Polka, Meilland 1991

Romantica climber 

Modern Climber 

Let me first state that I've grown this rose for five years but her roots never developed properly so she only had a few flowers each year and many blind shoots. 
The flowers that did appear were outright gorgeous: Very large, double, old fashioned shaped in this apricot or apricot blend color. Some flowers were ruffled which reminded me of Yves Piaget. They have a moderate fruity fragrance. But again they are magnificent and last for a long time. Probably mine had a bad rootstock and I was sad to see her go so don't be put off by my not so good experience. Polka or Lord Byron can reach 350 cm or 11 feet but I would use her as a pillar or obelisk rose or maybe against a white wooden fence because she takes her time to get large. She's Hardy zone 5b to 9b and repeats regularly in summer. I didn't see blackspot or mildew on her. It's a rose in the style of Alibaba but with a bit larger flowers.
A very beautiful nostalgic modern climber 

No comments:

Post a Comment