Friday, February 3, 2023

Appleblossom

Appleblossom, Burbank 1932

Multiflora rambler 

My favorite Multiflora rambler when I saw it at Lens Roses. I love light pink Appleblossoms and this rambler has just that, thousands of small, single pink blooms in clusters turning to cream. Light scent. Overwhelming blooming in early summer for five weeks with some scattered blooms later in the season. Shade tolerant, zone 5 to 9. Can reach 700 cm or 21 feet. Once established the beast is released and will grow very quickly. It is revealed that Appleblossom is a cross between rosa Rugosa and Rosa Multiflora and with this stunning result.
I've planted mine two years ago against a high wall to the south. First year it grew slowly and last summer it grew up to three meters. I trained it horizontally immediately. So this spring I should see some amazing flowers. Can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment